Three registration forms which must be submitted by the first week of class:
1) Teen Driver Education Program Enrollment Form [PDF]
2) Evidence is provided that the student has met one of the following state requirements:
- JR/High School Students:
- Written documentation on a form prepared or approved by the Secretary of State stating the student has received a passing grade in at least 8 courses during the previous 2 semesters. Grade Verification Form (Form 2a)
- Written documentation from a superintendent or school administrator on a form prepared or approved by the Secretary of State. Driver Education Waiver Form (Form 2b)
- Copies of the student’s report card and/or transcript for the previous 2 semesters indicating a passing grade in at least 8 courses during the previous 2 semesters.
- Home Schooled Students:
- High School Dropout:
- Written documentation verifying the dropout’s enrollment in GED or an alternative education program or obtain a copy of the dropout’s GED certificate;
- Written verification that the student prior to dropping out had received a passing grade in at least 8 courses during the 2 previous semesters last ending prior to requesting a certificate of completion; or
- Written consent on a form prepared or approved by the Secretary of State from the dropout’s parents or guardian and the regional superintendent
Additional Forms - Printable Versions [PDF]
50 Hour Driving Log - Student record of the 50 hour requirement, to be completed with a parent/guardian.
State Permit Requirements – Consists of DMV hours and identification requirements for obtaining an instruction permit.
Where can I drive with my permit? - List of other state’s restrictions on an Illinois instruction permit. Since state laws are constantly changing, students and parents should call each state before to find out their Illinois permit restrictions.Adult Driver Education Program Enrollment Form - Enrollment form for 6 Hour Adult Driver Education Class (Required for 18-20 year olds)